“We bring a professional and effective approach to every project we work on!”
The Building Investigator is a specialist building and building inspection company and has provided comprehensive and timely pre-purchase building reports to over 2300 prospective purchasers in the border region over the last thirteen year period. We cover the greater border area and will travel to most areas within 100klms of Albury/Wodonga.
The Building Investigator has Full Professional Indemnity Insurance cover as well as comprehensive Public Liability Insurance.
We are specialists in:
- Pre-purchase building inspections
- Condition reports
- Pre-listing inspections
- 137B reports
Your building inspection will be carried out by company director, Alan Streeter, a qualified building practitioner with over 37 years experience in the building industry.
Alan’s qualifications include:
- Fully qualified and registered building practitioner (DB-U 2752)
- Qualified trade teacher having completed Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment.
- Qualified Non-Friable Asbestos removalist.
- Current financial membership of The Housing Industry Association, Victoria and Tasmania branch.
- Extensive building industry experience since completing his apprenticeship in 1977. His working life has covered just about all aspects of the building industry, from small renovations to large-scale industrial complexes.
- In the local area Alan has been the major contractor/site manager on large-scale renovations and demolitions for the Department of Defense in North East Victoria and Southern NSW and has been building homes in Albury/Wodonga since moving to the area 23 years ago. Alan is still actively engaged in the construction of new homes in the border area.
We can also arrange for a full comprehensive Pest Report of your property, carried out by independent, qualified, experienced and fully insured pest inspectors. Pest inspections can be arranged to take place at the same time as the building inspection, after all “two sets of eyes are better than one”.